Home Blog Page 2136

Uche Maduagwu is assaulted by Jim Iyke over allegations of fraud and rituals

0

Jim Iyke, a Nollywood actor, was involved in a nasty brawl with fellow actor Uche Maduagwu.

For insulting him in a viral video, Jim Iyke assaulted Maduagwu.

A viral video posted to social media on Tuesday showed Jim Iyke being restrained by several people in order to prevent him from attacking Maduagwu any further.

Maduagwu, on the other hand, teased him, saying he would be arrested for fraud by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission soon.

Iyke, enraged by the insults, kicked Uche in the chest.

Jim Iyke, according to Maduagwu, is a fraudster and a ritualist.

Read Also:  Bandits Will Next Kidnap Governors – Adeyanju, An Activist, Reacts To NDA Attacks

“Money full everywhere, what are you doing for a living?” he had said. I’m certain Jim Iyke is a con artist or a ritualist.

“Look at the car he’s driving; it’s quite expensive. Where does he get his money from? Uche Maduagwu claimed, “I hear he can’t enter America because he’s done wayo.”

Duterte, Philippines’ president has agreed to run for Vice President in 2022

0

The PDP-Laban party announced on Tuesday that Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has agreed to run as a vice presidential candidate in next year’s elections.

The announcement came ahead of a national assembly meeting where the PDP-Laban party is expected to endorse Mr. Duterte’s aide and incumbent senator Christopher Bong Go as its presidential candidate in the 2022 elections.

“Mr Duterte is making the sacrifice and heeding the clamor of the people,” said Mr Karlo Nograles, executive vice-president of the ruling PDP-Laban party.

The president of the Philippines is limited to one six-year term, and Mr Duterte’s is set to end in June of next year.

Read also:  New President of Zambia sworn in

Political observers, on the other hand, see his vice-presidential campaign as a backdoor to the presidency.

Mr. Nograles claims that the move will ensure the continuation of the administration’s programs, including those aimed at combating illegal drugs, that have been in place for the past five years.

EPL: Micah Richards names Arsenal players who will lead to Arteta’s dismissal in the Premier League

0

Micah Richards, a former Manchester City defender, has claimed that Mikel Arteta’s signing of young players will cost him his job at Arsenal.

As the Gunners continue to struggle on the pitch, Richards believes the club can no longer attract top talent.

After their 2-0 loss to Chelsea, Arteta and his players were booed at full-time.

It increased the pressure on the Spaniard, who had already spent £132 million on Nuno Tavares, Ben White, Aaron Ramsdale, and Sambi Lokonga.

“At the moment, Arsenal can’t attract the top, top players because players want to go to the better performing teams at this time,” Richards told BBC Radio 5 Live.

“When you say they’ve spent a lot of money, you’re talking about second-tier players or players with a lot of potential.

“You’d think the manager has some input into the players they’re bringing in. But I think Arsenal has gotten themselves into such a rut that they’ve made a couple of panic purchases.

“They signed [Pierre-Emerick] Aubamayeng to a new contract, and he hasn’t done much since then, and then it’s as if everyone has moved forward while they have remained stationary.

Read Also:  Cristiano Ronaldo has requested that he be benched by Juventus

“They’ve been trying to keep the finances under control, and they’ve gone out and spent £132 million. Ramsdale has been relegated three times in his career.

“They’re signing for the future, almost as if they’ve accepted the fact that they won’t be able to sign world-class players. Unfortunately, purchasing young players will cost Arteta his job because he will be unable to manage the business.”

New President of Zambia sworn in

0

Hakainde Hichilema, Zambia’s veteran opposition leader, was sworn in as president in front of a packed stadium in the capital, Lusaka.

His election has boosted the hopes of his African counterparts that they, too, can overcome state repression and rise to power one day.

Mr Hichilema was brutalized, tear-gassed, and even detained for a traffic offense deemed treasonous in 2017 after his convoy failed to give way to outgoing President Edgar Lungu’s motorcade.

But, in an extraordinary turn of events, the man once labeled a state enemy will be sworn in as Zambia’s seventh president on August 12 after defeating Mr Lungu in their most recent election duel.

Tanzanian opposition leader Tundu Lissu, who survived an assassination attempt in 2017 after being shot 16 times by people he believes were state agents, said, “It’s massively inspirational.”

Read Also:  Bandits Will Next Kidnap Governors – Adeyanju, An Activist, Reacts To NDA Attacks

“No matter what they put us through, no matter the odds,” he added, “Zambians have shown us it can be done.”

Mr Lissu was defeated in last year’s election, which he claims was rigged, by late President John Magufuli.

He later fled the country because he was about to be arrested by security officers.

Ekpa, self-described Nnamdi Kanu disciple, hints at NDA assailants

0

Simon Ekpa, a former disciple of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has claimed responsibility for the attack on the Nigerian Defence Academy in Kaduna State.

The attack on NDA, according to Ekpa, was carried out by Fulani Taliban terrorists in Nigeria.

In a tweet, a self-described Kanu disciple claimed that the terrorists carried out the attack with the help of their accomplices.

The killing of two Majors, according to Ekpa, was a declaration that they were now in charge.

“The highest security academy in Nigeria was attacked by Fulani Taliban terrorists in Nigeria, with the help of those terrorist insiders, two soldiers were killed,” he wrote.

Read Also:  Kidnappings in Zamfara are on the rise – humanitarian minister

“To give a statement that they are now in charge of your security institutions, they killed ONLY TWO soldiers. Focus!”

On Tuesday morning, unknown gunmen attacked the NDA in Kaduna.

During the attack, gunmen suspected of being bandits killed two Majors and kidnapped four others.

Bandits Will Next Kidnap Governors – Adeyanju, An Activist, Reacts To NDA Attacks

0

Following the attack on the Nigerian Defence Academy, NDA, in Kaduna State, the convener of Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju, has predicted that governors will be kidnapped by bandits soon.

In response to the invasion, Adeyanju said that if bandits could kidnap soldiers from their barracks, then governors of each state would be next.

Adeyanju Deji

“For those of us who know the Nigerian Defence Academy in Kaduna very well, it remains unthinkable that bandits can invade the place, kill three soldiers, then kidnap other officers,” the rights activist said in a tweet. Bandits will soon start kidnapping governors if they can kidnap soldiers in their own barracks.”

Read Also:  NDA invaded by gunmen, Personnel kidnapped in Kaduna

Recall that during the attack in the early hours of Tuesday, the gunmen killed two officers and kidnapped four others.

NDA invaded by gunmen, Personnel kidnapped in Kaduna

0

Unknown gunmen gained access to the residential area within the Nigerian Defence Academy in Afaka in the early hours of Tuesday, according to the Nigerian Defence Academy in Kaduna.
According to a statement signed by the Academy Public Relations Officer, Major Bashir Muhammed Jajira, two personnel were killed and one officer was kidnapped during the unfortunate incident.
He stated that the Academy, in collaboration with the Nigerian Army’s 1st Division, the Nigerian Air Training Command, and other security agencies in Kaduna state, has begun a search for the unknown gunmen in the area with the goal of tracking them down and rescuing the abducted personnel.

Read Also:  Kidnappings in Zamfara are on the rise – humanitarian minister

The NDA community and cadets are safe in the Academy, according to Major Jajira.
He reassured the public that they were committed to apprehending the unknown gunmen as soon as possible.

Ortom congratulates Lawan, Gbajabiamila, and others on the re-establishment of the Benue constituency

0

The Senate President, Senator Ahmed Lawal, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, have expressed their support for the restoration of the Agasha State Constituency, according to Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom.

On Monday, Governor Ortom spoke at the LGEA Primary School Gbajimba in Gbajimba, Guma Local Government Area, during the celebration of the restoration of the Agasha State Constituency.

Senators Emmanuel Orker Jev and Gabriel Suswam, as well as the entire state delegation to the National Assembly, were also thanked by the Governor for their tireless efforts to restore the state.

He claimed that if the various stakeholders had worked in opposition, the dream of restoring Agasha, Mata, and Mbagwa State Constituencies in Ushongo would not have come true.

Senators Gabriel Suswam of Benue North East and Orker Jev of Benue North West credited the restoration to unity of purpose and Governor Ortom’s support, stressing the importance of reviewing state constituencies on a regular basis as required by the constitution.

Read Also:  Kidnappings in Zamfara are on the rise – humanitarian minister

Tor Lobi, Chief Moses Anagende, Ter Guma, Chief Dennis Shemberga, and other speakers at the event said the people of Nongov and the Guma Local Government Area in general would be eternally grateful for the restoration, and that the day would be remembered as a watershed moment in Nongov history.

Governor Samuel Ortom, Senators Gabriel Suswam and Orker Jev, and member of the National Assembly representing Makurdi-Guma, Hon Benjamin Mzondu, were among those honored with Tiv traditional attire for their efforts that led to the restoration of Agasha State Constituency.

Director of NYSC receives the Daily Sun’s Public Service Award

0

Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim, Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), will receive the Daily Sun’s Public Service Award.
A statement signed by the NYSC’s Director of Press and Public Relations, Mrs Adenike Adeyemi, is included.
Mr Onuoha Ikeh, the Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief of Daily Sun Newspaper, revealed this when he led some members of the media outfit’s management team on a courtesy visit to present a formal letter to Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim at the NYSC National Directorate Headquarters in Abuja, according to Mrs Adeyemi, the Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief of Daily Sun Newspaper.

The award was established in 2003 to honor Nigerians who have excelled in various fields of human endeavor, according to the MD, who stated that many distinguished Nigerians have received the award in various categories over the years.
He said Brigadier General lbrahim was chosen for the award by the media outfit’s Board of Editors based on his credentials and commendable innovations since taking office as the National Youth Service Corps’ eighteenth Director-General in May 2019.
“Your selection for the award was based on merit because of your outstanding achievements as the eighteenth Director-General of the NYSC, and you have made giant strides through your five-point policy thrust.

Read Also:  Minister unveils top health-care social innovations and solicits private-sector support

We note that you have taken steps to re-energize Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development, as well as renewed Bank of Industry’s commitment to the resuscitation of Corps Member empowerment.
You started and maintained a new partnership with NIRSAL Microfinance Bank to empower Corps Entrepreneurs, as well as a new partnership with Unity Bank plc.
You’ve partnered with the British American Tobacco Foundation to provide agricultural skills and business training to Corps members, as well as farm internships, mentoring, and farm input supply.
You have had a huge impact in the public sector, and by doing so, you have contributed to good governance,” he said.
Onuoha also praised the Director-General for reviving the NYSC Water Factory and Bakery in Abuja and continuing to build the NYSC North-Cenral Skill Acquisition Centre in Keffi.
Among other notable achievements, he listed the acquisition of modern farm implements for the NYSC Farms in Kwali Abuja, Dungulbi Bauchi State, Samikaka in Kebbi State, and Iseyin in Oyo State as criteria for the award.
He stated that the prestigious Sun Award ceremony will be held in Lagos in October of this year.

Read Also:  Kidnappings in Zamfara are on the rise – humanitarian minister

In his response, the NYSC Director-General thanked the Sun Newspaper for providing a balanced report on NYSC activities and for educating the public about the Scheme’s programs.
He stated that the award would motivate him to increase the intensity of his humanitarian work.
He stated that no COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in any of the NYSC Orientation Camps across the country.
The NYSC/NCDC partnership, according to Ibrahim, has aided the NCDC and Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19 in their analysis of NYSC operations, particularly on COVID-19.
He explained that NYSC was created to promote national unity and integration, but that the Scheme has added entrepreneurship training to its Orientation Course program to increase youth empowerment.

“We decided to introduce Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development as an alternative to empower Corps Members with skills,” General lbrahim said, citing a lack of white-collar jobs as a reason for many graduates being unemployed.
Ibrahim also reaffirmed his call for the creation of a NYSC Trust Fund, which would provide start-up capital to interested Corps Members as they leave service in order to help them launch their businesses.
He stated that the NYSC earnestly seeks the Sun Newspaper’s assistance in raising awareness among Nigerians in this regard.

Kidnappings in Zamfara are on the rise – humanitarian minister

0

Sadiya Umar Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development, has condemned the increasing number of kidnappings in Zamfara State.

The incidents, according to the minister, have become a case of one too many.

“This is heartbreaking news. Zamfara has now continued to embrace major news headlines for the wrong reasons. This must be put to an end immediately so that people can go about their daily lives without fear of being killed or kidnapped.”

Read also:  Nigeria does not require tribal or religious bigot in 2023 – Governor Tambuwal

Umar Farouq ordered the various security operatives to step up their game in the fight against criminals in order to stem the rising tide that had continued to put the State on the map as a haven for bandits.

She expressed her condolences to the parents and guardians of the students who had recently been kidnapped.

“At this time, as parents and guardians, we must exercise patience and allow the police and the Joint Military Task Force to carry out their duties. I have complete faith in their ability to track down and apprehend these bandits who make a living by kidnapping and holding harmless citizens for ransom.” Umar Farouq made a point.

Read also:  Gunmen kidnap the son of the former NMA Secretary and demand N20m in ransom

She urged residents to remain vigilant while prioritizing security, and she urged community leaders and religious leaders to collaborate closely with security agents in identifying and flushing out bandits.

She urged religious and community leaders to work closely with the people and communicate with the various security units in order to prevent bandits from breeding among them.