Home Blog Page 2115

EPL: Arteta reveals his season’s of lowest’ point

0

Following a 5-0 loss to Manchester City last month, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta said he was at his “lowest” point of the season.

The Gunners were relegated to the Premier League’s relegation zone after their heavy defeat at the Etihad.

Arsenal had lost their first three league games under Arteta, but a 1-0 home win over Norwich City on Saturday lifted them to 16th place.

The Spaniard has now revealed how his friends and family assisted him in dealing with his ordeal.

“You’re upset with yourself, angry, and tired,” he explained.

Read also:  EPL: Gary Neville dismisses Manchester United and Manchester City, naming a team that will be difficult to stop

“You just want to punch yourself in the face because you aren’t doing things correctly and aren’t getting the results you believe you deserve. I was probably at my lowest after the loss to City.

“You begin to analyze things, and you hear a variety of viewpoints… Then there’s the importance of having the family, parents, and friends that I do. They demonstrate their commitment to your relationship with them in difficult times.

“After that, it’s everyone in this club, from the top to the bottom, and the energy they try to provide… and how inspiring it is to see them so motivated to make a difference.”

EPL: Gary Neville dismisses Manchester United and Manchester City, naming a team that will be difficult to stop

0

Chelsea, according to former Manchester United captain Gary Neville, will be difficult to stop in the Premier League this season.

Following the Blues’ 3-0 win over Aston Villa on Saturday, Neville was very impressed.

This summer, Thomas Tuchel only made one permanent signing, bringing Romelu Lukaku in from Inter Milan. Saul Niguez, a loanee from Atletico Madrid, has also arrived.

Despite having a quieter summer than their opponents, Neville believes Chelsea will be the team to beat this season.

“It was interesting because I wouldn’t expect Manchester United to beat Newcastle the way they did – with or without Ronaldo,” he said on his Gary Neville Podcast.

Read Also:  Lake Chad Basin: Chadian Defence Chief applauds MNJTF’s efforts at tackling terrorism

“But then I went home from Salford to watch Chelsea play Villa, and Villa played well, and Villa are a decent side, but Chelsea were robotic and methodical once again.

“Ooh, it’s ominous,” I thought when they scored the first goal, Lukaku. The striker will almost certainly score, and the players in front of him will form a strong midfield. It will be extremely difficult to put a stop to them.

“Everyone will be talking about Manchester – Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, Cristiano Ronaldo’s Manchester United – but everyone knows Chelsea is serious.”

For cybercrime, Lebanese Bags 1 Year in prison and must forfeit N100 million to the FG

0

Hamza Koudeih, a Lebanese cybercriminal, was convicted and sentenced to one year in prison with the option of a N1 million fine by Justice Tijjani Ringim of the Federal High Court in Lagos.

The court also gave the federal government Koudeih’s N100 million in a firm’s Zenith Bank account.

The convict’s Mercedes Benz GLE43 SUV, two iPhones, and an HP desktop computer were also confiscated.

The decision came after Koudeih agreed to a plea deal with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Read Also:  EFCC designates Lekki as a hotbed of cybercrime in Nigeria

In November of last year, the EFCC charged Koudeih as the second defendant, alongside his Nigerian co-defendant, Kayode Philip alias Voice of the King.

They pleaded not guilty to charges of cyber fraud and attempting to keep $6 million and £1 million from the Bank of China.

They also “knowingly engaged in computer phishing and spamming, resulting in the acquisition of sensitive information” from various emails, according to the EFCC.

On August 24, Koudeih, who was out on bail, tried and failed to get permission from the court to return to his home country to see his psychiatrist. He then went to the EFCC and told them he wanted to change his plea.

Read Also:  Nnamdi Kanu’s and IPOB’s actions have harmed Igbos’ chances of producing Nigeria’s president in 2023 – Ohanaeze

Following that, Koudeih signed an EFCC bond promising to “be of good behavior and never to be involved in any form of economic and financial crime both within and outside the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

“I have listened to the submission of the prosecuting counsel, Rotimi Oyedepo, on the plea bargain agreement between the second defendant and the commission,” Justice Ringim said in upholding the application.

“This court has entered the same agreement as a judgment.”

Governor Diri applauds INEC use of BVAS in the Delta election

0

Bayelsa Governor Douye Diri has praised the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for successfully introducing and implementing the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS).

The Isoko South State Constituency 1 bye-election into the Delta House of Assembly was used by INECat to test the new voter accreditation device over the weekend.

Diri’s Chief Press Secretary, Daniel Alabrah, said in a statement on Sunday that the device’s successful deployment ensured that the accreditation and voting processes were fair and credible.

Read Also:  Bandits: Some Nigerians dissatisfied with the success of security forces – Kukasheka

The governor of Bayelsa expressed confidence that the use of the right technology, combined with INEC’s sincerity, would result in huge victories in future elections in the country.

He stated that once INEC perfected the accreditation process and properly utilized technology to electronically transmit election results, the outcome would accurately reflect the true wishes of the electorate.

The Governor urged the electoral umpire to ensure that the upcoming elections in Anambra and Osun, as well as the general elections in 2023, are free, fair, and credible, adding that INEC’s integrity would restore trust in the electoral process.

“The successful implementation of the new voter accreditation system in Delta State’s bye-election on Saturday gives hope for future credible elections.

Read Also:  PFN organises special prayer service in response to kidnappings, killings

“If the INEC is sincere about the electoral process, it will instill more confidence and credibility in the country’s elections.

“As a result, I applaud Prof. Yakubu and INEC for taking bold steps to ensure credible elections.

“I urge the electoral umpire to ensure that the upcoming elections in Anambra and Osun, as well as the general election in 2023, benefit from the introduction of technology to clean up our electoral process and make our elections more credible,” Diri said, congratulating PDP candidate Evivie Ovuokporie on being declared winner of the bye-election by INEC.

An ex-convict, Segun Ogundeji who disguised as soldier personnel arrested during visit to police station in Ogun

0

Segun Ogundeji, an ex-convict who dressed up as a military personnel to visit a police station in Gun State, was apprehended.

Ogundeji was apprehended at the Sango police station in Ogun State’s Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area.

Abimbola Oyeyemi, the command’s spokesperson, confirmed the incident to reporters on Sunday.

The ex-convict was at the police station in full military camouflage, according to Oyeyemi, to request the release of a suspect.

Read Also:  Bandits: Some Nigerians dissatisfied with the success of security forces – Kukasheka

However, when he arrived at the station, he was confronted by an Air Force member who accused him of not paying him compliments because of his rank.

“When Ogundeji arrived at the station, he was confronted by an Air Force man, Cpl. John Temitope, who accused him of failing to give him official compliments, resulting in a quarrel,” Oyeyemi said.

The brawl drew the attention of CSP Godwin Idehai, the Sango-Ota DPO, who interrogated the two of them.

“It was during the interrogation that the police discovered that Ogundeji is not a military man,” Oyeyemi explained.

According to him, the police also learned that “Ogundeji was once convicted of impersonation by a court.”

Meanwhile, the State Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun, has ordered a full investigation into Ogundeji’s past activities, according to reports.

PFN organises special prayer service in response to kidnappings, killings

0

The Nigerian Pentecostal Fellowship has announced its intention to hold a two-day special prayer in response to the kidnappings and killings that have occurred across the country.

PFN’s National President, Bishop Wale Oke, made the announcement at a press conference in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

“The special prayer slate for September 14 and 15 is aimed at ensuring that Nigeria is not surrendered to enemies who wish to shorten her destiny,” he said.

Bishop Oyonude Kure, the Project Coordinator, represented Oke.

Governor Dapo Abiodun, traditional rulers, and heads of government from across Nigeria will gather in Abeokuta for the prayer project, he added.

Read Also:  Bandits: Some Nigerians dissatisfied with the success of security forces – Kukasheka

The special prayer will include youths as well as the management of all tertiary institutions across the country, according to Oke.

The PFN, led by Bishop Francis Wale Oke, believes that paying the price of peace is preferable to paying the price of war for us, the church, the good people of Nigeria, and God-fearing Nigerians. By God’s mercy and grace, Nigeria will not go to war.

Bandits: Some Nigerians dissatisfied with the success of security forces – Kukasheka

0

Brigadier General Sani Usman Kukasheka (Rtd), a former Army spokesman, has chastised some Nigerians who he claims are dissatisfied with security forces’ efforts in the ongoing fight against bandits and other criminals in the North West.

Kukasheka expressed his feelings on his Facebook page on Monday.

“From all indications, some people are dissatisfied with our gallant security forces’ efforts in the North West,” he wrote.

“However, we applaud the security forces and urge them to keep up the pressure on the criminals.”

Nigerian security forces have stepped up their offensive against bandits and other criminals in North-West Nigeria in recent days, according to reports.

Read Also:  Sheikh Gumi incites violence by paying a visit to Igboho – Afenifere

According to reports from the North West, the bandits are having a difficult time due to the ongoing military operation in the area, as many of them have been killed, and the fleeing ones are being apprehended.

Kwara Community Rejects Govt Boundary Demarcation, Causing Communal Crisis

0

The Offa Descendant Union (ODU), which represents all sons and daughters of Offa, rejected the Unity Road built by the previous administration in Kwara State over the weekend.

As a solution to the long-running boundary dispute between Offa and Erin Ile towns, the Unity Road was built to serve as a border between the two towns.

A parking lot dispute erupted recently, sparking a four-decade communal dispute that has resulted in several deaths and the destruction of properties worth millions of naira.

In an interview with journalists in Offa, some town elders, led by retired justice olabanji Orilonise, spoke out against the boundary demarcation between the two towns, claiming it was a violation of section 8 (4) of the 1999 constitution (as amended).

The indigenes who advocated for peaceful coexistence between the two communities, on the other hand, urged the state government to uphold the “Kere Ipinle” boundary resolutions established by the military administrations of Colonel Ibrahim Taiwo and Colonel Ogar, which he claimed were duly signed by both communities.

They also advised the state government to fully occupy the Buffer Zone, as defined in Kwara state Legal Notices 1, 2, 3, and 4 of 1997.

Read Also:  Court upholds suspension of Secondus as a member and National Chairman of PDP

While calling for historical consideration in finding a long-term solution to the long-running communal crisis, ODU also urged absolute sincerity as the two rival communities awaited feedback from the state government’s recently formed committee on the subject.

Orilonise, who stated that allocating land to anyone or any community was not the responsibility of the court or any individual, also stated that border demarcation was solely the responsibility of a trained surveyor.

Orilonise, speaking about the two Supreme Court rulings on the dispute, said the Erin-Ile community should understand that the Apex Court rulings of 1973 and 2018 did not award any land to Erin-Ile, despite what had been widely reported.

Technology, as well as INEC’s transparency, can ensure credible elections, according to Diri

0

The Governor of Bayelsa State, Douye Diri, said on Sunday that the Independent National Electoral Commission’s successful introduction and deployment of the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System has given hope for credible elections in the country.

During the Isoko South Constituency 1 Bye-Election into the Delta State House of Assembly on Saturday, the commission introduced and tested the new voter accreditation device.

Diri praised INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmood Yakubu for the innovative effort, emphasizing that the device’s successful deployment ensured a fair and credible accreditation and voting process.

Mr Daniel Alabrah, the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, signed a statement on his behalf.
According to him, once INEC perfected the accreditation process and used technology to electronically transmit election results, the results would accurately reflect the true wishes of the electorate.

He urged the INEC to ensure that the governorship elections in Anambra and Osun, as well as the general elections in 2023, are free, fair, and credible, noting that the commission’s integrity would instill trust in the electoral process.

Read also: Religious Leaders are being tasked by Osinbajo to lead people to truth and justice

“The successful implementation of the new voter accreditation system in Saturday’s Delta State bye-election raises a lot of hope for future credible elections,” Diri said. INEC’s commitment to the electoral process would instill more trust and credibility in the country’s elections. Prof. Yakubu and INEC deserve praise for taking bold steps to raise the bar for credible elections.

“I urge the electoral umpire to ensure that technology is used to make our elections more credible in the upcoming elections in Anambra and Osun, as well as the general election in 2023.”

Sheikh Gumi incites violence by paying a visit to Igboho – Afenifere

0

Following his visit to Igboho, the Yoruba socio-political organization Afenifere has accused popular Islamic cleric Ahmad Gumi of inciting violence.

Gumi’s visit to Igboho, according to Afenifere, is an absurdity taken too far by Gumi.

Gumi was filmed visiting Igboho, the headquarters of Oorelope Local Government Area in Oyo State, and the organization was reacting to the video.

Gumi was seen standing by the signpost of a school in the Modeke area of Igboho in a video that went viral.

Sunday Adeyemo, aka Igboho, the Yoruba nation’s agitator, was born in Igboho.

“However, the circumstances of their visit to Igboho and what they said while in the town are not only provocative and inciting but also a way of mocking the people of the area and the person of Sunday Adeyemo,” Afenifere said in a statement issued by its spokesman, Jare Ajayi.

Read Also:  Oluyin, the Ekiti monarch, celebrates his first coronation anniversary

Gumi showed some cows grazing near a school compound in the area while in Igboho, saying that it demonstrated that anyone should be free to graze anywhere without being harassed.

“We take issue with Gumi or anyone else from outside Yorubaland coming in and declaring the area as belonging to a specific religion.”