Home News ‘They Lied to Me’ – Nigerian Declared Dead in Russia-Ukraine War Recounts...

‘They Lied to Me’ – Nigerian Declared Dead in Russia-Ukraine War Recounts Harrowing Experience

0
81

A Nigerian who participated in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, Balogun Adisa Ridwan, has claimed that he was tricked into joining the military while traveling overseas solely in pursuit of civilian work.

Remember how Ridwan was reportedly recruited under false pretenses and taken to the battlefield, where he was believed to have perished together with three other Nigerians—Akinlawon Tunde Kuyum, Abugu Stanley Onyeka, and Adam Anas—in the continuing conflict in Ukraine?

It was reported that Ridwan was apprehended by Ukrainian troops but was later discovered alive.

According to reports, Ridwan surrendered in the battle lines and was captured by Ukrainian forces on January 13, 2026, close to the city of Lyman in the Donetsk area.

Ridwan described his experience, saying that after being offered a job, he ended up at a military installation where he had to sign documents that he did not comprehend because of a language barrier.

“To find a job, I went to Russia on a tourist visa,” he stated. I was ordered to fight in Ukraine after being duped by the Russian government, which also made me a soldier.

“I was confused by the wording on the day we signed the contract. We signed our contracts since they wouldn’t let us translate on our phones. I’ve previously told them about my work. They might have placed me in my field. I had no idea they were going to use me.

According to Ridwan, he and another foreign recruit chose to surrender right away when they came across Ukrainian troops.

He called the treatment he received in detention “humane,” adding that Ukrainian soldiers fed him, clothed him, and gave him warm shelter.

“I was fortunate that the Ukrainians captured me,” he said. They’re decent folks.

President Bola Tinubu was also urged by Ridwan to step in and facilitate his return to Nigeria.

“I appeal to my government and to my president, Bola Ahmed Tinubu,” he continued. Please pardon your son. I moved out to provide for my family. The outcome was not what I had hoped for. I went in search of employment as an engineer or mechanic. I had been completely duped by the Russian government.

Get every Post-UTM, Admission, List, JAMB, WAEC, NECO, and Schools Resumption Date, Breaking News on your WhatsApp Status Now - To join, click the links below.
Join Television Nigerian Whatsapp Now
Join Television Nigerian Facebook Now
Join Television Nigerian Twitter Now
Join Television Nigerian YouTUbe Now

This is another opportunity to own a faster-loading website to expand your business and take it digitally online. Meet the best website designer/master coder for any kind of website. Contact them now it is affordable Chat now: 09077260922

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here