
The pastor who few weeks ago, trended in Port Harcourt for calling off a wedding over the purported lateness of the bride, Pastor Essa Oggory is dead.
Details to follow…


Details to follow…

The Nigerian Army, through the Operation Akpakwu, said it had uncovered an abandoned structure on Parliamentary Road in Calabar municipality serving as a hideout for criminals.
The Commander, 13 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Brigadier General M. A. Abdullahi, who was represented by Major S. N. Ikpeme, told newsmen at the Brigade Headquarters on Monday that the discovery followed the trail of eight suspects, who had allegedly dispossessed one Mr Akan Udoh of N25,000.
According to him, three of the suspects have been handed over to the police for prosecution, while five are on the run.
He said the fourth suspect handed over to the police, Peter Obri, was arrested with a locally-made pistol at a rubber plantation in Biase, while his accomplice, one Bassey, was on the run.
Ikpeme stated, “Three suspects, Micah Edet, Bassey Udoh and Emmanuel Bassey, were arrested by members of the NSCDC attached to Operation Akpakwu on February 8, 2021 for robbing one Mr Akan Udoh of the sum of N25,000.
“During investigation, it was discovered that the compound in question was a black spot with an abandoned structure, where criminals sleep at night.
“Peter Obri, 25, was also arrested on January 13, 2021 at the Ibiae rubber plantation with a locally-made pistol, while attempting to steal palm fruits from the plantation.”
Ikpeme further said the suspects had been handed over to the Cross River State Police Command for further investigation and prosecution.
Speaking to journalists, one of the suspects, Obri, denied going to the plantation for robbery.
He stated, “A friend of mine asked me to accompany him to convey banga (palm fruits) and on our way, he gave me this locally-made pistol.
“I asked him what he wanted to use it for and he said just hold it for me. When we got there, we did not see the banga and unknown to us, the Army had laid an ambush for us and caught me in the process, while my friend escaped.
“I am an okada rider by profession and I don’t know why he asked me to hold the pistol for him.”
Medicaid Cancer Foundation has resumed a 3-day hybrid training course for healthcare workers in Kebbi state.
The training which is on visual inspection with acetic acid and thermal ablation is to develop human capacity for early diagnosis and treatment of cervical cancer in the state as a means of strengthening prevention.
It is part of various activities carried out by Medicaid Cancer Foundation to commemorate world cancer day 2021.
Representing the Commissioner of Health Hon Jafar Muhammad at the opening, the Director Medical Services, Dr Shehu Nuhu Koko called on the participants to utilise the knowledge gained to provide better service to their patients. He proffered that the training is in line with the takeoff of the state’s Cancer Control Plan as well as WHO global strategy to eliminate cervical cancer by 2030.

Also speaking, the executive secretary, Kebbi state Primary Healthcare Development Agency (KPHCDA), Dr Abubakar Kaoje, said the KPHCDA is a critical stakeholder because the agency’s goal is prevention of diseases in the grassroot population. evel the goal is to prevent diseases.
Facilitating the training, Prof Oguntayo O. Adekunle Consulatnt Obstetrician and Gynaecologist along with Dr Taingson C. Matthew started with detailed lectures on Cervical Cancer.

More than 50 participants selected from across the state are undergoing the training by the eminent clinicians from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
The Nigerian Troops have eliminated 81 Boko Haram fighters in Sambisa axis and lost one soldier from landmine attack.
Meanwhile, fleeing terrorists have continued to wreak havoc and razing villages in their escape routes. The troops of Sector 1 comprising troops of 21 and 26 Brigades supported by Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) cleared many villages of terrorists in the axis including Garin Bello, Kwoche, Lawanti, Alfa Bula Hassan and Alfa Cross among others.
Sources said the troops encountered stiff resistance from the terrorists who laid improvised explosive devices along the troops axis of advance.
“The relentless troops destroyed the terrorists’ camps and recovered gun trucks and weapons as NAF aircraft continue to provide close air and interdiction support to the ground forces
“Regrettably a soldier paid the supreme sacrifice with 4 other soldiers wounded in an improvised explosive devices incident,” the source added.
In a message to the troops on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, the Theatre Commander Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Farouk Yahaya praised the gallantry of the troops and urged them to sustain it.
He also paid tribute to the fallen hero and urged the troops to honour his memory by dealing with the terrorists ruthlessly without mercy.
Meanwhile, a large number of fleeing Boko Haram terrorists invaded Zira and Gur villages in Biu South Local Government Area of Borno State. The terrorists stormed the communities at about 4:30pm on Sunday, on motorcycles and gun trucks and set ablaze many houses, while residents scampered for safety.
The NAF aircraft later engaged the fleeing terrorists with firepower from the air.
Uche Secondus, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has welcomed the emergence of Nigeria’s former Finance Minister, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as the first female and African Director General of the World Trade Organization, WTO.
Secondus said Okonjo-Iweala’s appointment was the most cheering news for a “trouble nation in search of its soul due to poor leadership.”
In a congratulatory message signed by his Media Aide, Ike Abonyi, the PDP National Chairman said that the victory of Okonjo-Iweala in the highly contested global position “mirrors the greatness of tomorrow’s Nigeria notwithstanding the failure of today’s political leaders.”
Secondus said Okonjo-Iweala’s victory was a reward for hard work and commitment to excellence as she demonstrated in all positions she held nationally and internationally.
He said: “This savoring news coming at this time that the nation is witnessing her worse due to leadership failure is relieving and hope rising that a greater tomorrow awaits this land.”
Secondus noted that Dr Okonjo-Iweala’s victory coming shortly after the re- election of Dr Akinwumi Adesina as the President of the African Development Bank, AfDB, gladdens particularly the PDP who had brought Nigeria’s best heads into government.
The PDP chieftain, however, commended President Muhammadu Buhari for “putting aside political sentiment in backing both Adesina and Okonjo-Iweala for the exalted international jobs.”
Secondus also commended the international community particularly the ECOWAS and the African Union, AU, for showing brotherhood when it was highly needed.
He prayed God to “grant our daughter all she will need, wisdom, the intellect and discerning mind to lead the world trade organisation.”
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu has launched a special operation tagged ‘Operation Puff Adder II which he says is targeted at reclaiming public space from criminals.
The IGP noted further while launching the operation on Monday at the Force Headquarters in Abuja that part of its aim is to stabilize the internal security of Nigeria.
The Police Chief in a statement by the Force Public Relations Officer, CP Frank Mba disclosed that the operatives involved in the operation will focus on combating banditry, kidnapping, armed robbery, and other violent crimes in the country.