Home Blog Page 2139

Ado Buji, a legendary bandit commander, was caught in Katsina as an informant

0

In Katsina State, police have arrested 13 alleged offenders linked to theft, banditry, and kidnapping.

A 40-year-old guy suspected of being a bandit’s informant in the state’s Faskari Local Government Area was among those arrested.

On August 12, the suspect, Abdullahi Sani of Ruwan Godiya Village in Faskari LGA, was apprehended.

Prior to his arrest, the suspect was overheard on the phone with a prominent bandit commander (Alhaji Ado Buji), and was strongly suspected by the community of being a bandit informant, according to SP Gambo Isah, who spoke at a news conference held at the command headquarters on Friday.

Read also: Breaking: Former Governor of Oyo dies

According to Isah, the suspect confessed to the crime and revealed that he was given N800,000 to acquire vital items for the bandit leader and his camp throughout the inquiry.

According to Isah, the suspect further alleged that he was introduced to the bandits’ leader by Mallam Mustapha Isah of Ruwan Godiya village in Faskari LGA.

The police spokesperson stated, “He was later traced and apprehended.”

Army reaffirms its commitment to combating insecurity and welcomes 5,001 new recruits into their training program

0

The Nigerian Army has announced that it is committed to fighting insecurity in the country, announcing the opening of 5001 81 Regular Recruits Intake for soldiers training.

The Commandant, Depot, Nigerian Army, Brig-Gene Aminu Shehu Chinade warned the trainees to be of good conduct and follow the institution’s rules, according to a statement issued by Acting Assistant Director Army Public Relations, Depot, Nigerian Army, Zaria Lieutenant Joy Abah at the weekend.

“You will be taught the essentials of Soldering for the period of your stay in Depot, Nigerian Army, Zaria, which includes physical and endurance training, unarmed combat, weapon handling, basic field craft and minor tactic, drill, counter-terrorists training, first aid, field hygiene, and military regimentation,” the statement said.

“I warned you to avoid malingering and absenteeism because the Training Curriculum set aside for you will help you achieve your goal of being transformed into Professional Soldiers for the Nigerian Army and the country at large.”

Read also: Benue APC crisis worsens as the party’s chairman returns a car gift

The statement went on to say that the training inaugurations had been a long-standing tradition in the Nigerian Army, signaling the official induction and start of training circles and courses in formations and Nigerian Armed Forces institutions.

CBN has ordered banks to freeze the accounts of 18 companies

0

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has ordered banks to impose a post-no-debit restriction on 18 companies’ bank accounts.

Despite the fact that the CBN provided no official reason for the action, the list of companies provided by the central bank shows that the affected accounts belong to bureau de change firms, construction firms, property firms, investment firms, and others.

The post-no-debit restriction has the effect of blocking all debit transactions on these accounts, including those made with Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and checks, even though the accounts can still receive funds.
Haruna Mustapha, the CBN’s Director of Banking Supervision, signed the document on August 19.
A circular dated Thursday contained this directive.
What is being said in the CBN circular

“You are hereby directed to place all accounts of the under-listed customers on Post-No-Debit (PND) restriction,” the CBN circular reads in part.

Bakori Mega Services, Ashambrakh General Enterprise, Namuduka Ventures Limited, Crosslinks Capital and Investment Limited, IGP Global Synergy Limited, Davedan Mille Investment Limited, and Urban Laundry are among the companies involved in the project.

Read also: APC spends N2.5 billion on the construction of a secretariat

Advanced Multi-Links Services Limited, Spray Resources, Al-Ishaq Global Resources Limited, Himark Intertrades, Charblecom Concept Limited, Wudatage Global Resources, Treynor Soft Ventures, Fyrstrym Global Concepts Limited, Samarize Global Nigeria Limited, and Zahraddeen Haruna Shahru are some of the others.

All banks have been instructed to send account numbers, currencies, and balances for all accounts of the above-mentioned companies to CGY ANG@CBN.GOV.NG, according to the apex bank.

What you should know

  • It can be recalled that in a similar circumstance, the CBN, in September 2020, instructed all deposit money banks to freeze the accounts of 38 companies, including Premier Lotto owned by Adebutu Kessington, for suspected foreign exchange infractions.
  • Also, a few days ago, a federal high court in Abuja, granted CBN’s request to freeze the account of 4 fintech firms for alleged illegal foreign exchange activities. The companies included Bamboo Systems Technology Limited, Chaka Technologies Limited and others.
  • Meanwhile, the CBN has cautioned microfinance banks against performing certain non-permissible activities, which include wholesale backing and foreign exchange transactions.
  • The apex bank warned that it would continue to monitor developments in the MFB sector and apply stringent regulatory sanctions for violations of extant regulations, including revoking licences.

Former INEC boss Jega proponent of reorganization

0

Prof. Attahiru Muhammadu Jega, former National Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, has emphasized the need for the Federal Government to restructure its current federal system in order for the country to grow and prosper.

He bemoaned the country’s extreme inequity and poor management.

Jega, speaking at Nasarawa State University’s 4th public lecture, titled “Restructuring the Nigerian Federation: Challenges and Prospects,” argued that restructuring the country is unavoidable and that the time to begin is now.

He stated that the country must be urgently reformed and repositioned in order to meet Nigerians’ desires and aspirations for a federation based on the rule of law, justice, equity, and equality of opportunity for all citizens.

According to the former INEC boss, a lack of restructuring would result in perpetual instability and poor diversity management, as well as the terrible possibility of dismemberment by extremist agitations for new “nations” to be created out of present-day Nigeria.

Read Also:  Benue APC crisis worsens as the party’s chairman returns a car gift

“As a way out of the stalemate, the country must confront the challenges and prospects of restructuring,” he says. We must accept the fact that restructuring is required.”

Prof. Attahiru Jega advised that the strategy and mechanisms used to pursue the restructuring are critical in achieving the desired result.

Breaking: Former Governor of Oyo dies

0

General Tunji Olurin, the former Military Governor of old Oyo, has died.

On Saturday, Funso Olurin, the deceased’s brother, announced this in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State.

Olurin, who ruled Oyo from 1985 to 1988, was born on December 3, 1944, in Ilaro, Ogun state.

Olurin died on Saturday morning at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) after a brief illness, according to POLITICS NIGERIA.

Between 1992 and 1993, General Olurin was the Field Commander of the ECOMOG Peacekeeping Force in Liberia.

Read Also:  Oyo Assembly has approved a new N6 billion loan for Makinde’s government

He received his education at the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA).

He went into farming after retiring from the military and later joined the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), on whose platform he ran for governor of Ogun in 2011, but lost to Governor Ibikunle Amosun.

He leaves behind a wife and children.

Jonathan and Buhari are being questioned about insecurity in a heated debate.

0

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has been chastised for claiming that Nigeria is winning the war on terrorism.
Mohammed has been accused of stretching the truth when he claims that the current government is winning the war on terrorism.
According to the minister, the security situation regarding insurgency under President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration is better than under President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.
In an interview with the BBC, the minister claimed that the situation was worse under Jonathan’s administration.
He noted that the “entire Northeast was a no-go area” due to insurgency-related closures of schools, markets, and hospitals.
Following Buhari’s election, the minister stated that the Buhari-led government was winning the war against insurgency and that Nigeria was not a failed state.
Following the recent onslaught against them, he claimed that terrorists had decided to surrender to Nigerian troops.
However, Usman Okai Austin, the National Youth Coordinator of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, countered Mohammed’s position, claiming that the Buhari administration was losing the fight against insecurity.
Despite his age, Okai described Mohammed as a liar, emphasizing that Nigeria’s security situation is worse now than it was during Jonathan’s tenure.

Commuters in some northern states are afraid to travel by road because of the threat of bandits and kidnappers.
Insecurity during Jonathan’s presidency, according to Okai, was politicized and used as a campaign tool against the former president.
He warned that some of Mohammed’s statements could exacerbate Nigeria’s deteriorating situation.
“By comparing this administration to Jonathan’s, Lai Mohammed is unaware that he is the government in power,” Okai claims. You are aware that Nigerians in some parts of the north can no longer travel by road.
“Go to the airports and railway stations between Abuja and Kaduna today and see how many people are attempting to travel. People now borrow money to travel for burials, not because they can’t afford to buy fuel for their vehicles, but because they’re afraid of being kidnapped by bandits and need to fly to any part of the North.

“Can you tell me what he’s talking about?” There was little insecurity, which was exaggerated by the machinery that was used to bring Jonathan down at all costs as a campaign tool. Former APC leader Baraje testified that the boys terrorizing the country were brought in to aid in the election rigging. Mohammed needs to wake up, and that is why the country is still fighting an insurgency; this is not about the PDP or the APC. These thugs have no idea who is a member of the PDP or the APC.

Read also: Rudeboy’s wife, Anita, filed for divorce, and the document was leaked

“They are kidnapping students from Islamic and Christian schools, and now they have kidnapped the Commissioner of Niger State. Is he not an APC member? It’s unfortunate that Minister of Information Lai Mohammed is still lying at his age. His statements are contributing to our problems, and I’m not sure why President Buhari keeps him around.
“He continues to blame Jonathan, even as his party begs the same Jonathan to join them so he can run for president. Are you aware that they are attempting to influence Jonathan? The Governors of the APC and Mai Mala Buni are romancing Jonathan and pleading with him to join the party so that he can get an automatic ticket. Why are you lobbying him when they are begging him and claiming that they are doing better?
“The country’s security situation is spiraling out of control. The sooner the Minister of Information realizes the truth, the better. This is why they are suppressing the media at all costs; there is no Twitter today, and Facebook will follow, and once they do, they will have caged the press using the MBC code, which is currently being amended in the National Assembly. By the time Lai Mohammed accomplishes this, he will have lied to Nigerians and the rest of the world. He should wake up to the truth because Nigerians are no longer sleeping.
“These kidnappers are in Abuja, and they are kidnapping between Lokoja and Abuja; they are kidnapping between Abuja and Kaduna. Even though some people were murdered just last week between Bauchi and Jos, we have a minister telling us that Nigeria is now safer; please, what is he talking about? ESN is massacring people in the Southeast, so it’s unfortunate that the Minister of Information is still under the impression that he’s campaigning.

Read also: Benue APC crisis worsens as the party’s chairman returns a car gift

“We’re pleading with him to stop pandering to the public by deceiving Nigerians. We just donated N5 million to one of our friends who was kidnapped between Kaduna and Abuja last week, and these victims are left at the mercy of whatever ransom they can pay.
“In Niger State, a school is being sold to raise funds to pay for a ransom demanded by bandits. Is the money being paid by the government? As a result, Lai Mohammed should refrain from insulting Nigerian sensibilities; his statements are becoming increasingly troubling and disturbing. It has the ability to increase ground tension. Lai Mohammed has not been sincere from the beginning, and he continues to be so. “

Benue APC crisis worsens as the party’s chairman returns a car gift

0

Then, Dickson Akoh, a party chieftain and Commandant General of the Nigeria Peace Corps, decided to retrieve the Jeep he had given to the state party chairman, Chief Abba Yaro, three years ago, as part of the party’s crisis of confidence in Benue State.
The state chairman, according to reports, has returned the Toyota Sequoia Jeep that the Peace Corps chief gave him as a gift three years ago after being asked by Akoh.
The relationship between the state party chair­man and the party chieftain had been cordial until after the last APC Ward Congress, which was said to have irritated Akor, whose candidates had lost in the state, particularly in his Senatorial District of Benue South.
On Thursday in Makurdi, Benue’s capital, the state party chairman presented the Sports Utility Vehicle SUV to the Nigerian Police Area Commander.

Read also: Osinbajo and the governors of the 35 states are expected to attend the burial of the father of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, Pa Arthur Okowa

On August 18, 2021, Akor wrote to the Area Commander of the Nigeria Police Force for Makurdi Metropolis, through his solicitors, Sule Abakpa & Co., requesting “police escort for the return of Professor Dickson Akoh’s Toyota Sequoia Jeep from Comrade Abba Yaro.”
The car was not given to Comrade Yaro as a gift, according to the Peace Corps CG, but rather to allow the party chairman to move around.

APC spends N2.5 billion on the construction of a secretariat

0

The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has paid N2.5 billion for the purchase of the party’s national secretariat building in Abuja’s Wuse 2 neighborhood, also known as “Buhari House.”
The former member of the House of Representatives and deputy chairman of the APC National Campaign Council in the Edo State 2020 governorship election, told reporters at the party’s secretariat yesterday that the building now belonged to the party.
“I am also aware, and will wish to inform you all, that the building currently housing the party’s national secretariat was leased when the Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) came on board.
“The party’s previous National Executive Council (NEC) approved the purchase of the property for N2.5 billion, with an initial payment of N115 million made.
“I am pleased to inform you that the CECPC has completed payment of the outstanding balance, has taken ownership of the building, and has approved the renaming of the secretariat to ‘Buhari House’ in recognition of the President’s meritorious service to both the party and the country,” he said.

Read also: Osinbajo and the governors of the 35 states are expected to attend the burial of the father of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, Pa Arthur Okowa

Obahiagbon also stated that the party would sanction the 100 members who filed the lawsuit, as well as any other member who files a lawsuit against the party.
On Thursday, the party’s 100 disgruntled members petitioned the Federal High Court in Abuja to dissolve the 13-member CECPC led by Yobe State Governor Mai Mala Buni.
“Disciplinary actions will have to begin in the wards of such members and proceed to the local government and states before reaching the national secretariat,” Obahiagbon said.
“All I can say is that when all of these activities are subjected to democratic scrutiny and reach the national secretariat, this CECPC, led by Governor Buni, will not shirk its responsibilities. His constitutional onus probandi will administer justice without fear or favor to all men in a very transparent manner. ”
Obahiagbon, who served as the chief of staff to Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole, also debunked claims that the Buni-led committee would remain in office until June 2022.

Traditional worshippers in Oyo congratulate the Osun Governor on the Isese Day holiday.

0

Traditional worshippers in Oyo State have praised Osun State Governor Gboyega Oyetola for declaring a work-free day to commemorate World Isese Day in the state.
The governor has shown enough boldness in supporting the Yoruba heritage, according to a statement signed by the Chairman, Traditional Worshippers Associa­tion, Oyo State Chapter, Surveyor Adefabi Dasola Fadiran, and the State Secretary, Mogaji (Dr.) Fakayode Fayemi Fatunde, after a press briefing on Thursday in preparation for the 2021 Is­ese Day in Ibadan.

Read also: Afghanistan And My Justified Support For The Nigerian Military

Every year on the 20th of August, traditional worshippers around the world celebrate the 2021 Isese Day Festival.
The group attributed the peaceful atmosphere in Osun State to the governor’s respect for all religious tenets and beliefs in the state, which allowed residents to coexist peacefully, claiming that some other governors in the South-West have shown more religious and ethnic bigotry than President Muhammadu Buhari.

“We all call President Buhari a bigot because he is sentimental about a particular religion and tribe, but our Yoruba governors are following in his footsteps.

“We appreciate Governor Gboyega Oyetola’s gesture of declaring an Isese Day holiday for traditional worshippers. He has demonstrated that he is a Yoruba man. “

Osinbajo and the governors of the 35 states are expected to attend the burial of the father of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, Pa Arthur Okowa

0

ASABA – According to the Delta State government, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and governors from 35 states are expected to attend the final burial of Pa Arthur Okowa, father of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.
At the age of 88, Pa Okowa died on January 28 at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Asaba, following a brief illness.

Due to the devastating second wave of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Gov. Okowa had previously stated that his father’s burial would be kept private for family members.
Mr. Olise Ifejika, Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Delta State, told reporters in Asaba that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo would be in attendance for the ceremony.

He also mentioned that Governors, Senators, Ministers, House of Representatives and House of Assembly Ministers, as well as other political office holders such as the Inspector General of Police, will be in attendance.

Read also: Afghanistan And My Justified Support For The Nigerian Military

Meanwhile, he has stated that strict COVID-19 regulations will be followed.

“The governor has warned that he does not want too many vehicles around causing traffic jams, making it difficult for dignitaries to get to the church,” he says.

Because it is a community church with a small congregation, not everyone is expected to attend the service, “he explained.